Pages

Pass It On:

Friday, March 9, 2012

Ultimate Breakfast Shake


The Ultimate Breakfast

College kids, on the runners, workout freaks, health nuts, or just plain gimme me something new-ers; UNITE!
I am an avid fan of vitamins. And healthy eating. You may notice my blog is associated with recipes for baking: cookies, muffins, cupcakes, and breads (to come) but come on, let’s get real here. If I (or anyone) ate this way, everyday, I’d LOOK like a muffin. Or a Cupcake. Or even a fat piece of cake, dripping out of the sides. This can’t be tolerated!

Health is IMPORTANT.

It’s becoming a bit of a movement here in the good ol’ US-of-A.  
In another post, I’ll address why vitamins are important to me. And reveal the ONLY thing I will take. Yes, I will only trust one company with my vitamin consumption (ADVOCARE!). For good reason, there’s just too many of them (vitamin supplements) out there. And they have some leeway (in the FDA) with what they can add to their supplements. (SCARY)

Thanks to a good friend of mine (whose blog I’ll link to this post) I came across a tasty recipe for mornings. *Advocare buddies, I know you’re going to cringe here, so I’ll mention that you SHOULDN’T indulge in this treat if you are on the 24-Day Challenge or trying to lose weight. And, at Advocare we really try and only mix water with shakes; it’ll mess up the balance within the shakes if you add milk.
So here’s my recipe (taken from the skeleton of Jake's:)


Ultimate Breakfast:
1 packet ADOVCARE MUSCLE GAIN (vanilla for this one)
1 ½ cup milk (please don’t cringe too much guys- I’ll be trying it with water next time and let you know how it goes)
2 tbsp olive oil
½ cup oatmeal
¼ cup nuts (walnuts or almonds only!)
½ tbsp milled flax seed (good for your digestive tract)
½ cup blue berries
Zest of ¼ lemon
½ cup of ice

Add the muscle gain, nuts, and oatmeal to your blender. Pulse to grate the oatmeal and nuts down till the mix becomes smooth. Add milk and olive oil. Pulse again, then add blue berries, ice, and lemon zest. Pulse again and enjoy!

This is just super for springtime; the berries and lemon complement each other so well!
Let me know what you think, and feel free to post recipes of your own favorite shakes too.
 Thanks,
Virginia Belle

1 comment: